- RSS Channel Showcase 8753750
- RSS Channel Showcase 7739026
- RSS Channel Showcase 4488170
- RSS Channel Showcase 8809366
- 10/05/17--08:25: I’m back!
- 10/10/17--07:47: The Basque Centre for Terminology and Lexicography (UZEI)
- 10/16/17--15:21: Motivated (or transparent) terms
Slowly but surely, I will restart publishing soon. It’s been about a month since my last post, but I had a few personal issues to deal with, from moving to a new place to closely monitoring my family’s... Read More
Last year, during the Eighth European Terminology Summit in Luxembourg, I had the pleasure and the honor to meet Imanol Urbieta, manager of the Basque Centre for Terminology and Lexicography (UZEI), and Begoña Arrate, a terminologist at UZEI.... Read More
The post The Basque Centre for Terminology and Lexicography (UZEI) appeared first on In My Own Terms.
When reading about the formation of new terms (neology), you might come across the term “motivated” or “transparent” term. A motivated term represents key features of a concept. Sonneveld and Loening on Chemical Neologisms note that “A term... Read More